C’mon, who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? What if I told you these cookies were low carb and delicious? Now we’re talking right?! Don’t get me wrong, I love my carbs, but I like to save them for my nutritious meals rather than on the sweet treats I indulge myself in once in awhile, like these Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies.
Now, I know almond meal can be quite pricey. I usually like to buy it in bulk, but when I was out shopping for this recipe I happened to find a deal at a local grocery store. Always keep an eye out for those deals when shopping for higher priced items like these.
This recipe is healthy, super easy and quick to make. Plus you don’t need any equipment except an oven, which makes them even better as anyone and everyone can make them! You just have to try them – you’ll love them!
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raw honey or agave
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond meal, cacao nibs, coconut, baking powder, salt and agave.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg until uniform in color and doubled in volume.
- Whisk in the coconut oil and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or even overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, place on baking sheet with 1-1/2 inch space in between each. Press down slightly to flatten a bit.
- Bake until edges begin to brown, 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker.
Looking for more low carb dessert options, check out my Coconut Flour Brownies recipe.