This was my very first attempt at making homemade sweet potato fries – insane, I know. These were so incredibly delicious they have become my new favourite dish/snack/side to make and it is soooo easy!
On top of already being a delicious food, these orange, hearty potatoes are known to be a great source of beta-carotene. But they also deliver good sources of vitamin A, a good source of vitamin C, and are full of manganese, calcium, potassium, iron, vitamin B6 and fibre. The sweet potato also has a lower glycemic index than the potato, yay!
For this recipe, I didn’t measure any of the spices I used below. I like to just eyeball it and go with my gut in knowing what I like. Have fun with it and season to your own liking. There is no wrong way to do it!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Herbamare (or sea salt)
- Black pepper
- Preheat over to 425 degrees F.
- Wash the sweet potatoes under cold running water, scrubbing well to get rid of any dirt.
- Cut each sweet potato in half lengthways, cut each half in half lengthways, then each piece in half again. This should give you pieces that are sized 1/4 inch thick.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the sweet potato pieces with the olive oil and all the spices and seasonings until well coated.
- Spread into a single layer in a large baking tray, then bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Let sit for a few minutes to make removing from tray easier. Enjoy!